Lexus Soarer Owners Club Forum

You are currently viewing the forum

FORUM HOME FAQs SEARCH YOUR PROFILE LOG IN TO CHECK YOUR MESSAGES FORUM LOG IN

The LSOC Forum
Electrical
EMV radio shows in english now.

View previous topic | View next topic  
soramad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:47 pm    Post subject: EMV radio shows in english now. Reply with quote

Some time ago I was able to acquire a converted radio module (located under rear seat) which had the english range of frequencies and showed the station it is tuned to in english, I actually got round to fitting it today and it works fine, so much better than a frequency shifter and it suddenly changes the emv screen into understandable radio stations, it has manual or auto tune and each touch button now has a station indicated by it so I don't have to wonder what i'm listening to any more.
Next job is to strip down the cd player(located in the boot)and give it a good clean and lubrication,I did it 10 years ago and I think it needs doing again.

dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats a good find i took my emv and cd player out a long time ago and did the conversion over to a tt climate control and now have a nice alpine double din in its place i kinda miss the emv but then again i dont its almost like a marmite thing the old emv , but i guess i could refit the emv if needed as i still have it and i never cut anything about during the conversion
soramad

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a spare emv but if ever the day comes when neither are repairable I will go down the route you followed but I think I will expire before the emv screens, though I hope it happens the other way round. Laughing
dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was early on in my ownership of my soarer i did the conversion , knowing what i no now about being able to link into the emv i might of just kept it in now , it is kind of cool to have a car of this age with that sort of technology in it
soramad

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The emv screen became reality in the mk2 soarer back in the 80's, so you can see its really old technology but I want to keep my soarer as original as possible, though the wheels are a bit bigger and wider. Smile
dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seen as i am refitting my emv do you not whats involved in the converting of this module
soramad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to get the english stations via a circuit board which had to be made up as it came in kit form,this then had to be attached to the inside of the radio unit under the front of the rear seat. This pcb and components came from the then soarer electrical guru Luke, as far as I know he had the sole rights to it for converting emv's at the time, I do know it came in from Australia, so a search on the Australian soarer site might bring up something. The one I had I presume got crushed with the car.
The LSOC Forum
Electrical
EMV radio shows in english now.
Share |
     Page 1 of 1.

What is RSS?