FORUM HOME FAQs SEARCH YOUR PROFILE LOG IN TO CHECK YOUR MESSAGES FORUM LOG IN

The LSOC Forum
Ask The Members
correct part number for type 4 gearbox oil

View previous topic | View next topic  
dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: correct part number for type 4 gearbox oil Reply with quote

hi like the title what is the correct part number for the v8 gearbox oil after some internet searching i found it was 08886-81015 but my local toyota dealer is saying no its 08886-82025 , has anyone purchased some recently and can confirm the part number many thanks
soramad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have a 5 ltr container in the shed will have a look tomorrow and see if there is a part No on the label alternatively I can give you the spec and see if it ties up with one or the other.
dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for that if that oil is not of use to you maybe i could trade you some money for it Smile
soramad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to be so long in replying, but the part No on my container of V8 auto type 4 gearbox fluid is 08886-82025.

At the moment I don't really want to get rid of my type 4 as I may need it at a later date, I still like Soarers + the fact I also have a Lexus it might be needed for that.

dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for that i am guessing the number must have been updated it sure is pricey enough at £63 for 5 litres Sad Sad
soramad

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, its not cheap (it has doubled in price over the last 13 years)but unless you are going to do a total flush you only need to use it to top up with and can last a long time. However there should be a thread on here possibly in the mechanical section (under problem gear shifts) where I was using a transmission fluid that B&Q were selling which is compatible with type 4 fluid I think it was Car Lube, I know it says its compatible to type 4 on the container and I e-mailed the company who confirmed it.The B&Q Car Lube fluid at the time was £7.00 a ltr which is about half price of the Toyota fluid.
dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have looked into the car lube atf and your right the atf-u they do which is fully syntethic is compatable with the toyota type 4 and you can buy two 4.55 litre bottles for less than 5 litres of the toyota , think i might have to give this a try after all being fully syntetic its got to be a fairly good oil also if my oil has never been changed its going to be better than a 20 plus year old oil and i will be doing a flush and filter change
soramad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do realize that to change the transmission filter you have to remove the gear box sump ( so do that first) then you need Toyota sump sealer when the sump is put back on, do not use anything else as the chances are the sump will start to leak over time.
dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i am aware of this i have now replaced the filter and the sump as mine was damaged as per one of my other posts , i did find a screw stuck to one of the magnets in the sump which appeared to have come from the lower half of the solenoid plate , screw was undamaged and went back in no problem so checked all other fixings and no more loose or missing least the magnets are doing a good job Laughing , think i am going to go with the car lube aft like i said its got to be better than 20 plus year old fluid , also i have checked the top of the gearbox dipstick and its saying you need to use type 2 fluid so has my car got the wrong dipstick Exclamation Exclamation
dazzav8
Platinum Poster
Platinum Poster

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

been using this carlude atf-u for a while now all seems good so it gets the thumbs up from me Very Happy
soramad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 13 years of soarer ownership I never had a full gearbox flush, in the early years I topped up with type IV but as soon as I discovered the Carlube fluid I topped up using it with no detrimental effects.
The LSOC Forum
Ask The Members
correct part number for type 4 gearbox oil
Share |
     Page 1 of 1.

What is RSS?